Resources for Coaches
Nova Scotia School Athletic Federation (NSSAF) Handbook (french version) – complete handbook of regulations, by-laws, code of ethics and constitution for secondary schools in Nova Scotia.
HWHS Coaches Handbook – covers student eligibility for sports and coaches responsibilities.
Athletes and Coaches Pledge – to be read at beginning of all Provincial Meets
Forms – All forms to be completed and submitted to the Athletic Director
Annual_Offence_Declaration – Criminal Record Check Form to be completed annually by coaches and volunteers that are not teachers.
Trip Policy Form A – Updated Jan 2017 – to be completed by coaches or teacher advisors for teams participating in school activities that require them to miss school during the day.
Trip Policy Form B – Updated Jan 2017 – to be completed by coaches or teacher advisors for teams participating in school activities that require them to miss school and be away overnight.
Policy for Travel
HRSB Policy on Travel Arrangements for Students Motor_Carrier_Act_-Extra_Curricular_Trips_October_2017
REVISED Field Trip Consent Form – March 2017 – to be completed by parents/guardians and submitted to coach.
Student Eligibility Policy – Students must be familiar with and ensure they follow the student athlete policy.
Athletic Letter 2017 – Parents/Guardians are asked to sign and return this letter to the Coach or Athletic Director to confirm they have reviewed the Student Eligibility Policy
Student Athlete Policy
Student Athletes are encouraged to:
1. Maintain a high degree of physical fitness.
2. Play for the love of the game.
Student Athletes are expected to:
1. Abstain from performance enhancing drugs along with illegal substances. Tobacco products including chewing tobacco are not permitted at school activities.
2. Respect the other team, officials and coaches.
3. Demonstrate respect for the diversity among participants as it relates to race relations, cross-cultural understanding and human rights.